Saturday, July 2, 2016

Photo-a-Day: the Queen of Geeks


Starting a day off not feeling well, having no scheduled obligations for the day, AND my husband was home meant, I actually got to READ?!
Parents will mostly understand this concept. Quiet time to ourselves is so rare. My 4 kids watched Deep Space 9 all day long. I'm not even sorry. (Geek parenting WIN!)



Felicia Day is the honorary "Queen of the Geeks" & I thoroughly enjoyed immersing myself in her quirky memoir. I laughed, I cried, & I was enlightened as I got to know Felicia just a little better & found relatable struggles & stories in her book.
Thank you Felicia. <3


Coincidence: the other book I bought at the same time was "The Only Pirate at the Party" by Lindsey Stirling. I had no idea both these ladies are accomplished violinists! They're both entrepreneurs whose success skyrocketed from their YouTube videos!
Also a recurring theme of depression & anxiety seems to be much more common in our culture than most people tend to admit.
I recommend both of these lovely ladies' books.

Bonus photo!

(yes, that is a "Bad Wolf" TARDIS blanket, thanks for noticing)

No comments:

Post a Comment